A quick and simple recipe that’s fun
to make with the kids this easter!
1 cup plain flour
¾ cup sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
½ tsp bi-carb soda
1 tsp baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt
3 large carrots, grated
⅔ cup rice bran oil (or neutral oil)
100g butter, room temp
3/4 cup icing sugar
200g cream cheese, room temp
Vanilla essence, to taste
1 packet of easter eggs, for decorating
1. Preheat the oven to 170 degrees fan forced. Line a 12 hole muffin tin with patty pans.
2. Mix all the dry ingredients together in a large bowl. In a separate bowl, mix together the eggs, carrots and oil.
3. Make a well in the dry ingredients, add the carrot mixture.
4. Using a spatula, fold the two mixtures together, trying not to overwork the mixture. Spoon mixture into patty pans, about ¾ of the way to the top.
5. Place in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until lightly golden on top.
While the cupcakes are cooling, prepare the icing. Beat the butter and icing sugar in a standing mixer with the paddle attachment on until light and fluffy. Add the cream cheese and beat until incorporated. Add a dash of vanilla essence to taste. Smear each cupcake with frosting and place an easter egg on top.