Pistachio & Rose Shortbread Biscuits
Serves: 30 biscuits
Prep Time: 1.15 hours
200g unsalted butter, softened
90g caster sugar
2 teaspoons rose water
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
300g plain flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
40g unsalted shelled pistachios, finely chopped
1 tablespoon dried rose petals
- Add softened butter and sugar to the bowl of an electric mixer and mix on medium speed until
light and fluffy.
- Add egg, rose water and vanilla extract; mix until well combined. Use a rubber spatula to scrape down the sides of the bowl if necessary.
- Add the flour and salt on low speed and mix until incorporated. Sprinkle in the rose petals and chopped pistachios, then stir until just combined.
- Wrap the dough in cling film and refrigerate for 2 hours, or freeze for 45 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 160°C and line two baking trays with parchment paper.
- Roll out half the dough on a lightly floured surface until approximately 1 cm thick. Cut the biscuits with your preferred cookie-cutter and place on the lined baking trays.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the edges just start to turn golden. Cool completely on a rack.