This is an easy make-ahead meal that stores well in the fridge or freezer for a family friendly dinner! A mild based curry packed with aromatics, chicken and potato - this easy meal will quickly become a family favourite. Chuck a green veg in for some extra goodness and serve with rice. Dinner, done!
2 tbsp rice bran oil (or any neutral oil)
1 kilo boneless chicken thigh
1 brown onion, diced
5cm piece of ginger, finely grated or chopped
2 cloves garlic, finely grated or chopped
Half a jar of red or yellow curry paste
375ml tin of coconut milk
400g tin of tinned chopped tomatoes
2 kaffir lime leaves
6-8 potatoes, peeled and chopped
Cooked rice, to serve
Coriander, to serve
Yoghurt, to serve
1. Dice chicken into 5-10 cm pieces.
2. Heat 1 tbsp oil in a heavy based cast iron saucepan (or similar) on a medium-high heat.
3. Add chicken in two batches, browning all sides of the meat. Remove from the pan, set aside.
4. Add remaining oil and onion. Saute for 3-5 minutes until golden. Add ginger, garlic and curry paste. Cook for 1-2 minutes until fragrant.
5. Add the coconut milk, tinned tomatoes, kaffir lime leaves, browned chicken and potatoes.
6. Bring to the boil then simmer for 1 hour, stirring occasionally, with the lid ajar.
7. Serve with rice, coriander and yoghurt. Alternatively, place in a large container in the fridge for up to 3 days or the freezer for a month.
• Alternatively, you can throw everything in your Multi Cooker, put the pressure cooker setting on for an hour and dinner awaits.
• A big handful of green beans or broccoli would work nicely. Simply add in the last 5-10 minutes of heating to cook through.